April 5th CIS565 Progress Summary- Interactivity, Alpha Review, Fresnel Reflections, Antialiasing
This post is the second update for the GPU Pathtracer project!
Since the last update, Peter and I added an interactive camera to the renderer to allow realtime movement around the scene! We also had our Alpha Review, which went quite well, and Peter implemented a reflection model. Initially the reflection model used was Schlick’s Approximation, but later Peter replaced that with the full Fresnel equations. I also added super-sampled anti-aliasing for a smoother image.
The posts for this update:
- Interactivity and Moveable Camera: We can move around the scene!
- Alpha Review Presentation: Slides and other stuff from our Alpha Review
- Specular Reflection Test: The first test with Shlick’s Approximation
- Fresnel Reflections: Some details on our reflection model
- Abstract Art: Some fun buggy renders Peter produced while debugging
- Anti-Aliasing: Super-sampled anti-aliasing!
A nice image from the last post:
Check the posts for tons of details, images, and even some video!